Scope & Purpose
The Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (CFCSA) works as an umbrella organization for provincial and territorial Construction Safety Associations with a shared interest in: promoting awareness of construction health and safety; improving information sharing, and; collaboratively producing workplace health and safety training standards/information resources. To this end, the CFCSA will work with member organizations to develop joint strategies to move forward with these initiatives.
The CFCSA will work to:
- Advance new initiatives that will enhance the quality and effectiveness of the Certificate of Recognition program.
- Recognize the Certificate of Recognition issued by each of the issuing Provinces that meet the CFCSA standard for the Certificate of Recognition program.
- Facilitate open discussion that balances the common interests of all the groups.
- Recognize the unique provincial needs of individual provincial Construction Safety Associations.
- Promote awareness of construction workplace health and safety management practices.
- Avoid duplication of effort among participating organizations.
- Share products among participating organizations to allow customization by provincial associations.
- Promote employer and worker awareness of successful workplace health and safety programs.